Village de Nant
Remarkable towns and villages
Between Causses and Cévennes, the village of Nant nestles in the heart of a green valley at the confluence of two rivers: the Dourbie and the Durzon.
From the 10th century, Benedictine monks drained this marshy site by creating a network of channels that still run through the village and have meant that Nant is called "the garden of the Aveyron". Until the suppression of the abbey by royal decree in 1777, life in the village was organised around monastic life whose irrigation work enables the agricultural boom. The richness of the local heritage merits more than just a brief stop: 11th and 12th century abbey-church of Saint Pierre, the 14th century church of Saint Jacques, the 17th and 18th century Penitents' chapel, the Mairie, the Halle and the Roc Nantais, the 14th century La Prade bridge.
- Station Verte de Vacances (eco-resorts)
1 January 2020 to 31 December 2020